Monday, May 20, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
I didn't really understand this story that much but what did understand is that the story takes place in the future where there are many people who sell drugs and many people have had a sex change. The story involves a man called Johnny who has a data file implanted in his brain which wants him to go to a specific destination. Along the way there is cyborg dolphin type of creature who i believe is taking down Johnny for that file. That is about where I understood the story, from then on I was pretty lost.
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
- Billy got into a chartered airplane.
- He knew that it was going to crash, but he didn't want to make a fool of himself by saying so.
- There was a barbershop on board called "The Febs" which stood for "Four-Eyed Bastards."
- Billy once accidentally saw a Pole hanged in Dresden, a farm laborer hung for having sex with a German woman. So it goes.
- Billy Pilgrim went to Dresden after his morphine night.
- He dozed and awoke in the hospital again.
- Englishmen were building a new latrine.
- Billy records himself saying that he will die, have died, and will always die on February thirteenth, 1976.
- Billy dies and comes back to life a couple of hours later
Monday, April 29, 2013
- Billy could not sleep on his daughters wedding night
- Billy was forty-four
- Billy knew that he would be kidnapped by a flying saucer when he went down the hallway.
- He went downstairs and found half a bottle of champagne. It said "Drink me," but it was dead.
- So it goes
- On the trip to Tralfamadore, Billy asks for something to read.
- After reading the only Earthling novel onboard, he is given some Tralfamadorian books.
- He is unable to read the alien books but tries to make out the symbols that are in groups instead of rows
- He finds himself back in 1945 Germany
- Billy is surprised to learn that the Tralfamadorians are not alarmed by the acts of murder and war carried out on Earth.
Monday, April 22, 2013
In "The Great Gatsby", Nick Carraway helps us (the reader) get better insight on who Gatsby is by giving us good descriptions about how Gatsby's parties were, how he is as a person and how Gatsby is trying to erase all the bad he did in the past by doing a lot of good in the present, basically putting the reader in Nick Carraway's shoes. Through Nick, we can see Gatsby's emotions toward Daisy we can also feel all of the heart pounding tension at the ending chapters through Nick. We can also see the struggles Gatsby goes through in the story and we begin to appeal to Gatsby through Nick because who else doesn't want to change something bad in our past by doing something good, like what Gatsby is trying to do.
Monday, April 8, 2013
I believe that I did well in understanding the prompt and explaining my answer but I didnt have time to continue my essay and something I could have done better is to get a little better understanding about the ending chapters because I don't remember the last three chapters very well.